Thursday, September 6, 2007

SCOTT DONALDSON

Earlier this year I moved into 'The Goatshed', a flat in the heart of Newtown. To put this in perspective, there are two places where psych patients are released in Wellington. One of them Porirua, the other right here in Newtown. I was fortunate enough to meet one of these patients early on arrival. With no SKY television in his flat, 'low maintenance' Scott made our lounge home as long as summer cricket lasted. One day I accidentally left the lounge windows open as I went out only to find Scott had let himself in on my return.


With the end of summer came the possibility of claiming back our lounge and Scott hibernating away for the winter. No such luck. Low maintenance, an avid 'stags' fan, settled in for the Americas Cup and further extended his stay as the Rugby season arrived.


One benefit of Scott's presence is his vast knowledge of all things trivial about sport. During one match he recalled an incident while working at the Dunedin Grand Plaza when Carl Hayman took a young lady back to his room for the night after a test at the Brook. These facts are always nice when the game gets slow.


Essentially, Scott is a southern man through and through. One of the most colourful real-life characters I've ever encountered. He has an audio blog over at http://scottydonaldson.blogspot.com. Check it out, give it a chance - it's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.




1 comment:

Scotty said...

Ratings are a bit low ay. You aren't the first person to make a bob from my good name.