Sunday, June 10, 2007

THIS WEEK IN SHORT...

Just a few little updates of some cool goings ons this week. Traffic on this blog has been crazy, no doubt thanks to the couple of links Sam Harvey gave me over the last few posts. I tell you, it's not easy riding the fame wave of a minor Christian celebrity like Mr Harvey. Watch this space, samharvey.com coming soon I'm sure!

After an insanely busy time working at Fuse last weekend I took a day off. Some of the flatmates and I ventured out to Lyall Bay and went to an awesome cafe in the old Surf Lifesaving Club called 'Maranui'. Apparently this is the local haunt of none other than 'Fat Freddy's Drop'. It's an awesome place with some really friendly staff and quality coffee. Get down there if you get the chance.

After this short sabbatical I boarded a plane to Auckland with a few of the Zeal/Blueprint crew for the official handover of 'Zeal Waitakere'. Mayor Bob Harvey and the councillors made us incredibly welcome. For many of us this marks the end of the monthly trips to Auckland we've had for the last few months. It's nice to hand over the project. The new youth worker, Stacey Hitchcock, has been hanging with us in Wellington for the past six months and will no doubt do an amazing job in Waitakere. If she was staying in Welly I'd probably have reason to fear for my job so it's great to see her take charge in Auckland. What I found most amazing about the trip is the amazing calibre of people involved accross the Blueprint/Zeal/Global Tribe ministry. A few of the crew are pictured here.

I spent today out in Tawa helping friend Dave Alve with his film project. Afterwards I took a brief reminiscent walk through Linden past our old youth group stomping ground. The local Dairy owner even remembered me from Friday Nights a few years back when we used to go down and buy $1 lolly bags and chocolate milk beforehand. Probably a great time to pay respect to Chris and Heather Darnell who tolerated me and even led me into loving Jesus. Nice one! Chris' Blog can be read here.


Finally, Mason the Author is finally kicking into high gear. The first part of 'The Adventures of Farmer Goatbeard' is up and ready for reading. Get amongst it and give this up and coming children's writer/illustrator the support he deserves.

1 comment:

Scotty said...

Nice blog, it sounds like a happening week of goodness. Mason is a hidden treasure. Is that a self portrait of him?